First week of class is done and classes seem to be pretty interesting. I’m a little behind but I’m hoping to be caught up within the next week. It’s rush week for the fraternity, so I’m pretty excited to be meeting potential actives. This is starting out to be a pretty good semester so far.
I’ve been working out of Tom almost everyday. Hopefully my schedule can keep up with the workout schedule. I’m happy to be bringing back exercise into my life. I fell off the wagon halfway during my sophomore year and now I don’t even know what I was thinking. Exercising is fun! It gives instant gratification too. I mean, it’s not that much, but I can bench a whole plate now! It might be light to some, but this is definite progress for me from the sub-100 that I benched last week. My body is still getting used to it and hopefully there’s more progress to come.
It’s late into January already, but I spent ~15 days of the month without internet. I’m intending to keep them all. Hopefully it works out.
1) Keep up with schoolwork
2) Get fucking ripped/eat right
3) Give my mom a call everyday
4) Quit the PS3
5) Get ~7 hours of sleep a day
6) Updating every now and then!
Ready. Set. GO!
2010 is an interesting year. It has been filled with utter bullshit and with so many invaluable life experiences. It has been filled with many disappointments with few achievements in there somewhere. To me, it is what I would define this year as a complete shit show. I needed this year to happen. It was good for me.
I learned so much this semester on how to be a better person. Well, some of it is more like re-vamping the knowledge that I had. It’s taking things I’ve learned and actually putting it into action. These are just simple things like…
1) The most beautiful word to a person is the person’s name.
2) Give genuine compliments when you see fit because everyone likes to be appreciated.
3) Admit fault first if there is any
4) Regardless of anything, do not give direct criticisms because…
5) Pride is extremely dangerous. Be careful with this secondary emotion.
6) In times of difficulty, reason must prevail over emotions in order to remain poise and sane.
7) Sometimes, you just gotta put up with bullshit. No questions asked. Just deal with it. Shit happens.
…and many more that I cannot think of right now
With that said, it’s goodbye to 2010 and cheers to the new year. I’m heading to the Dominican Republic to do some volunteer work with my fraternity brothers. I’m pretty psyched about it. I got some new year resolutions and I do intend of sticking with them this semester. I guess the biggest one is just working out and being more healthy. Since I do not have as much responsibilities within my fraternity and other organizations, I will devote these times to this goal (cooking more, hitting the gym).